About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beach Cruising

I had a wonderful day at the beach today with Steve and Stacy and it included at 45 minute bike ride. How fun is that to exercise while having fun! What a concept! I think that may be my new favorite exercise. I used to be a pretty avid bike rider, riding 16-20 miles a ride a few times a week. Today we rode beach cruisers, which was fun, but I know that riding a riding bike makes the ride a whole lot more challenging. We also took some really cool photos, which might just end up on the Blog. I have a bike in my garage that I bought a couple years ago - a sort of hybrid beach cruiser/road bike. I think I'm going to get that thing out and put some air in the tires, shine it up and take a couple spins a week. Sounds like a plan! A cycling I will go. I'm still thinking about the truism - knowing and not doing is not knowing. I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I guess that is a good thing. I ordered the rest of the CDs on that subject and will let you know what I find out when I listen to them.

No comments: