About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Obsession

I just had a realization that if I am to be truly successful in my journey I must be obsessed. I know that sounds like a bad word, but I need to be completely focused all the time on my goal - on the prize - the prize of buying size 8, okay maybe size 10, clothes and looking good in them. I need to feel the feelings I will feel when I reach my goal - NOW. I need to feel now as though I am already there - feel my body easily running. My new motto is going to be obsession - obsession with reaching my goal.

My short term goal by May 31st is to loose 40 pounds. I am visualizing it now. I know I can do it!! The week before that family Biggest Looser weigh in, I will be at the Biggest Looser Resort. Some how I don't think it will be quite like the resorts I am used to though. LOL! I just looked up a typical day a the resort and here is the schedule:
6:00 am - Open Gym or Class
7:00 am - BreakfastStretch
8:00 am - Hike / Walk
11:30 am - Water Aerobics
12:45 pm - Lunch
1:15 pm - Education Series: Cooking Demo
2:30 pm - Kickboxing
3:30 pm - Circuit Training
4:30 pm - Stretch
5:30 pm - Dinner
6:15 pm - Education Series: Intuitive Eating

So, what do you think will happen there? Hmmmmm....my guess is that I will loose quite a few pounds that week. So, this is my short term obsessive goal. Some of you know where I got this thought pattern. I have been listening to some CD's about how to get what you want out of life. And, one of the keys, according the material, is focusing in on one goal - not trying to work on many things at once. That is the key - whether it be your business, your relationships, your school, your job, releasing weight, whatever your goal is. Focus and be obsessed until it becomes a habit - until you do it unconsciously - until you are unconsciously competent. Just like when you learned to tie your shoes. So, that is it I am going to be obsessed now with my goal - not just the journey. I know it is a journey - but for now - for these nine weeks - releasing 40 pounds will be my obsession!!! And, how will I do this:

1. I will eat 1400 calories per day and eat healthy nutritious food.
2. I will have healthy snacks available so I do not starve and then eat everything in sight!
3. I will exercise a minimum of 1 hour per day for 5 days each week.
4. I will use my journal to track all calories and all exercise.
5. I will be accountable to several friends- sharing my successes and issues.
6. I will post daily my progress in this Blog.

No comments: