About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Report

Okay, Here is the report. I had my shake for breakfast. Who would have thought that a shake with Kale in it would taste so good. I was actually delicious, and very filling.
I modified lunch a little – 2 veggie/soy patties, whole wheat tortilla, cabbage (from my garden), mozzarella cheese, avocado (525 cals.)
My dinner was right on track and I had my snack in the evening.

Went to the gym, even though I really didn’t want to go, and did 60 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of a walk run (it took me 18 minutes to do a mile). I am really going to have to step that up to make it to the Mud Run. Consistency is going to be key!!!

Tomorrow I will workout in the morning for 60 minutes with my trainer.
My meal plan is:
Breakfast – oatmeal with almonds and blueberries
Lunch - Turkey Subway Sandwich and an apple (400 cals.)
Dinner – Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Vegetables and brown rice (426 cals.) (makes 4 servings)
• 4 teaspoon oil, olive, extra virgin, divided
• 2 large pepper(s), red, bell, diced
• 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
• 2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 5 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1 pounds shrimp, raw, 26-30 per pound, peeled and deveined
• 1 cup(s) broth, chicken, reduced-sodium
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
• 1 cup of brown rice per serving

Snack- 17 grapes with 15 walnuts (halves)

I’m going to have to find a way to make this less boring for you and keep me accountable too. Maybe a checkmark system with only explanation when I don’t do what I said I was going to do. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suzanne! You ROCK! Pain in the butt to post your menus, but you're doing it. Awesome!!!

Hugs,

Kristen