About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Fearless Thinking

Great Pilates session this morning and then Prosperity Princesses, and some work too. I'm glad to be back to normal - I realized today that I probably could have spared myself my week of FUNK had I changed my thoughts, which would have changed my emotions and led me to do things differently. What a concept!!! Today at Prosperity Princesses, Michael Price, author of the book Fearless Thinking came to speak to us. His website is in my links. And, I realized that I caused my FUNK by the thoughts I had about being excluded from something, this in turn created my disappointed, sad, left out, and hurt emotions, which lead me to eat, drink, not exercise and wallow for a week. All I had to do was change my thoughts. This is the same concept I am reading in the book, Infinite Possibilities, put into a more practical format. I'm going to say it again. What a great concept!!! And, oh so true. He spoke about the voice in our heads that tell us things, you know who I am talking about - the little guy I call the "little drunk monkey." It is perplexing to me that for a week I didn't equate any of my thoughts, emotions and actions to the monkey. I realized now it was just the little guy talking in my head again, not my justified emotions leading me off track. Wheeeeew.... thank goodness I figured that out. We can change our thoughts to change our emotions to change our actions. I’m excited about this – now I just have to recognize the thoughts that turn to emotions, and change my ways of behaving before they become unproductive - change those thoughts to positive thoughts, with positive emotions and positive actions. Or as Michael says, “change your thoughts from fearful to fearless to achieve purpose, passion, and prosperity.” WOW! Oh, and despite or should I say in spite of my week of FUNK, my weight stayed the same. Oh, and also I bought two new pairs of running shoes today. Tomorrow I promise to write on Super Foods. I received mine via UPS today.

No comments: