About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Twist on my Blog

I had a kick butt work out this morning with another jog/walk around the parking lot with weights, argh!!! But, today it was only 43 degrees outside – talk about cold. I also had a great dancing lesson tonight – learned the two step. I’m going to have to go to a Country Western bar now to show of my stuff. LOL

I didn’t want to have to bore you with my daily menu and workout schedule, but it looks like I need that kind of accountability. So, from now on I will post what I am going to eat the next day, and my exercise schedule. Then the following day I will post whether or not I met my goals – I will review my Integrity so to speak. Did I do what I said I was going to do? This will be an interesting but necessary new twist in my Blog. I will still post all my other thoughts, insights, fun stuff, seminars, books, etc., but from now on you will know every morsel I have eaten and every minute of exercise I have done on a daily basis. Oh boy!!!! Okay?

Breakfast – Super Foods Shake of Frozen banana, Kale, Hemp/Chia/Pea protein powder, Walnuts, Almond milk, and (unsweetened) Coconut

Lunch – Mexican Pizza (Jillian Michael’s Recipe) (478 Cals.)
• 1 tortilla(s), flour, whole-wheat, 6 1/2-inch
• 4 ounce(s) chicken, breast, oven roasted, skinless
• 1/4 cup(s) salsa, mild
• 1/2 cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell, chopped
• 2 tablespoon pepper(s), green chile, diced
• 1 cup(s) spinach
• 2 tablespoon cheese, mozzarella, shredded, low sodium
• 1/4 cup(s) avocado, sliced

Snack – Cottage cheese (1 cup) with Raspberries and (2 T) almonds

Dinner – 6 oz. Salmon, sautéed greens (bok choy or mustard greens) with olive oil, and (1 C) brown rice (450 cals.)

Exercise – 60 minutes of cardio with at least 20 minutes of jog/walking

Okay…that is the plan.

The Biggest Looser had one tip that resonated with me. ”The person who lives in the past has no life.” Time to move forward and live today in the moment!!!

No comments: