About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To know and no do, is not to know

To know and do, is not to know! How profound is that? And, how true is that? So, very true! I heard this recently on a CD I was listening to about how to get anything you want in life. It made me think that is my problem with my weight releasing efforts - I read the information, I listen to the tapes, I buy the books, I buy the recipe books, I watch the shows, but even though I know I should do something that will further my efforts I don't do it. Or I do the thing I know I should not do, i.e. eat too much sushi, cookies, cakes, whatever it is. This was eye opening to me because I always say I know what to do and I just don’t do it, or I don’t do it for long enough is probably the real story. Well, when I heard this I thought crap, I am doomed because this is my pattern, my cycle – then the CD went on to talk about neuropathways our brains that are deeply rooted – our habits – the things we do over and over again. This could be a good thing like when we learn to read, tie our shoes, play a sport or something like that. Or it can me a bad, bad thing when we learn patterns of eating, or behaving or reacting to situations, or whatever the case may be. You get my point. The CD said these neuropathways are like roads that have been driven over and over again – with deeply embedded imprints. And, the good news is we can change these pathways. I am going to have to continue with this learning process to see how we can accomplish this. Here’s to starting to do what I know!!!!!

No comments: