About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Doctors Appointment

Today I went for my annual physical appointment. All the fun stuff - if you know what I mean. And, I got the lab sheet to get my blood drawn to see what is going on there. The doctor also suggested that I take time released Melatonin to help me sleep (which I was still having a problem with even with the dreamy new bed.) She reiterated what I already knew - that sleep is so important to rejuvenate our bodies, mind and soul - and that not getting enough or the right kind of sleep, i.e. consecutive hours, can impede weight loss and increase our bodies output of the dreaded Cortisol, one of the hormones that regulates appetite. Some studies have shown that losing sleep could affect metabolism by making you feel hungry, even if you're not. I am hoping that tonight I sleep through the whole night. What a concept!!! One of the things that struck me at the doctor’s office today was the older people – some of them not even that old – maybe sixty-years old – that couldn’t walk well, had walkers, were very overweight, and just looked like they had health problems. Sitting there I thought, “I really don’t want to be like one of these people in ten years,” This is spurring on my weight releasing efforts even more!!!

Today no boring rendition of what I ate today because I ate what I said I would eat and did my grueling 60 minute workout this morning.

Tomorrow’s menu:
Breakfast – blueberries, soy sausage patties, non-fat yogurt, and a whole-wheat waffle (350 cals.)
Lunch – Petite Cobb Salad at Mimi’s Café (I have a lunch meeting) (524 cals.)
Snack - 2 cups popcorn
Dinner – 2 glasses of wine, Lemon Baked Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower and Brown Rice (662 cals.)

No comments: