About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Balance

Got up this morning and did my cardio - wasn't really into it though. But, then I remembered...uh oh...Mud Run!! And, I was suddenly pedaling faster and sweating more. Funny how that works. Tomorrow morning will be my first official workout with my trainer this year, since I missed my workout last week. I am excited to get started and really working out, but a little scared of how hard it will be after so many weeks off. My schedule is to workout with Marc, my trainer twice a week, and Janice, my fabulous Pilates instructor once a week (more on her and the Om Sweet Om Pilates Studio in my links). Plus, on my own do at least 30 minutes of cardio four times a week (working up to more minutes and running as the months progress), walking at least one or two times a week (up that dreaded hill!!), and yoga once a week. With this schedule, I am going to be one busy girl, especially now that I am taking the “Essay Wring with Amy Paturel” class, helping coordinate the Community Hospital of San Bernardino Centennial Foundation Golf Tournament, teaching an International Business class at Chaffey College, and oh yeah – my real job helping people buy and sell homes, as a broker associate at Keller Williams Realty. Balance – like balancing on a tight rope (that is what I feel like I am doing now reading this) – will be key to my success in this journey and I know it. BALANCE!! Yes. That will be key!

No comments: