About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Planning and Journaling

Today I focused on planning what I will eat for all my meals this week. Then I went to Trader Joes and bought all my healthy foods. I realize I just can't have any trigger foods in the house. I am all set for my meals for the week. I have also planned when I will do my workouts, cardio and Pilates this week. Plan, Plan, Plan and now I will be sticking to my plans. I wrote my first essay assignment for my writing course. It was a little difficult to get the words out. This week we are learning how to use journaling as a means to finding story ideas. So, I guess I am ahead on that since I have already started this Blog, which is in essence a journal of my weight loss journey. The funny thing is that I was looking on the Jillian Michaels website and she was talking about the importance of journaling for encouraging weight loss. I noticed that I am going about my day and thinking of what I might write about each evening. At times it is like I am narrating my day in my mind, like I am reading a passage from a book. I guess that is how a writer is born - and how I will transform into a fit healthy 50-year-old by the end of this year.

No comments: