About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The beauty of a journey is that tomorrow is another day

The beauty of a journey is that it is a journey, not just one day or one week. Thank goodness!! I knew that I would have setbacks, but I didn’t think I would have one so early in my journey. But, I did have a setback. Self sabotage is the only way I can describe the rest of last night and today. Today was to be my first official workout of 2010 with my trainer. But, I sabotaged myself and missed my workout this morning. The good news is I ate healthy today!! This made me realize that I can enroll all the people in the world into my quest for fitness, but if I myself am not 100% committed, I won't be successful in my quest. So, today I felt bad about not working out this morning, I felt bad about not being in Integrity about my promises to myself. Then I realized that I just need to get back on track because this is a daily journey. Tomorrow is my first weigh in; that will be the real proof as to my progress in my journey. I must remember my motto “Just do it with Integrity,” and not dwell on the setbacks. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day, and another day in my journey. And, I’m going to make it a good one!!

No comments: