About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gardening and Those Darn Weeds

I didn't do a traditional workout today because I spent 21/2 hours pulling weeds. I have to really give gardeners credit. Boy, am I sore - what a work out!!! There is something so therapeutic about digging in the dirt. It does do a number on your nails though! Now my back yard looks great and I am ready to plant some more flowers and maybe a couple more vegetables. By the way the broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce, and spinach that gro-Organic planted in my beds are all really growing great and the seeds are now spouting into very small radishes, onions, peas and purple carrots. I can't wait to see what those look and taste like. Tomorrow I am going to re-plant my front planter. That will be another day of non-traditional exercise. I decided to try to plant some native plants in my planter to see if that will cut down on some watering. Not quite ready to go to all native plants and no grass, but we will see how this works.

No comments: