About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Progress and Gardens and Recipes

Yesterday was actually the end of week two, but since I weighed in this morning I am posting my results today. I released one pound, which is progress in the right direction. I am happy with my results so far!!

I am also happy for all my followers. And, I know there are more of you out there. Show yourselves!!! Sign up as a follower, please!! I know of at least a few of you. You know who you are!

Below is a dinner recipe from the Jillian Michaels website - pretty good and only 320 calories a serving!!!

Now that I have my garden spruced up thanks to groOrganic, (See my links for more information about this great company started by my friend Karen.) making dishes like this with tons of veggies will be really easily in the future.

Pacific Pesto Pasta
6 servings
1 tablespoon oil, olive
8 ounce(s) pasta, rotini
3/4 pounds chicken, breast, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch strips
2 clove(s) garlic, minced
1 onion(s), red, diced
1 pepper(s), yellow, diced
1 pepper(s), green, bell, diced
1 pepper(s), red, bell, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 tomato(es), diced
2 tablespoon tomato(es), sun-dried, paste
2 tablespoon pesto, basil
salt and black pepper, to taste
parsley, fresh, chopped, for garnish

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and vegetables, and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. After vegetables are soft, add tomato paste and pesto, and mix well.

When pasta is done, drain thoroughly. Add pasta to vegetable mixture and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.

1 comment: