About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Choices and Consequences

"I am what I am because of what I do and I am what I am because of what I don't do." Gary Keller, Founder of Keller Williams Realty

Another truism I got out of the seminar I went to on Friday.

And, Boy this IS so true. Today I went to a baby shower and had to make the choice to have cake or to not have cake. I didn't have cake, but I did have two cookies. In my mind the cookies were a better choice than the cake. But, obviously the best choice would have been to have neither.

Then later when I was given the choice to take a nap or go on a power walk up a pretty big hill. What did I do? I made the right choice. I went on the walk, while my husband took at nap. Boy, is that willpower and determination, or what? And, now that my walk is over and the cookies have been eaten. I see how each and everything we do or don't do really does impact our lives. We all have choices in life and each choice leads a consequence, whether it is what we eat, if we exercise, if we answer the phone, if we go to that meeting or don’t go to that meeting, and on and on and on…..Something to think about. Hmmmmmm….

No comments: