About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nothing worthwhile is easy or happens overnight!

Today two people told me the same thing when I expressed my frustration with the process I am undertaking. I can’t believe how emotional I was feeling today and this weekend. First, this morning during my extremely tough workout, while sweat was pouring down my face (what a picture, huh?), I had a mini melt down. I’m not sure what came over me, but as I was discussing how my weekend was filled with what I call a lack of support from one particular person, and ‘non-perfection’ on my part, I lost it and shed a couple of tears. Then my trainer, Marc, asked if I knew the saying “nothing worthwhile is easy,” and told me not to give up. Tonight while I was I was telling my husband, Steve, I had a mini melt down this morning and was frustrated with the whole process he told me “nothing worthwhile happens overnight.” I knew at that moment that I was going to have to work hard everyday, for many months to achieve my very worthwhile goal. It would be great if there was a magic pill to loose weight and get fit. But, alas there isn’t. And, I know for sure there isn’t because I looked for that darn pill for more than twenty years!! Nothing worthwhile is easy or happens overnight - another nudge along my journey for yet another day.

No comments: