About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunshine today!

Sunshine today!!! Finally, the rain is gone, at least for a day or so. In my writing class I have an assignment to hone in on my senses - sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell - as I go about my day. I am going to be picking one sense a day to focus on and then write about what specifics I notice regarding that sense. My plan is to hone in on each sense as it applies to my weight loss journey. Tomorrow I will focus on my sense of smell.

By the way, I wasn't able to ward of "the drunk little monkey" completely yesterday, and I had one or two too many pieces of pizza. I'm sure it will take awhile for me to completely not listen to the little guy. He said, "It is the beginning of the week, you can have pizza now and still make it up later in the week." Wrong!! I'm not going to listen to that little voice anymore, or shall I say I'm going to try very hard not to listen to it.

No comments: