About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hmmmmm....

Today I'm feeling a little out of it. I did do my one hour walk with my friend Laurie this morning, which was tough, but good. I have to get much more fit to do the 5K in March and the Mud Run in June. Also, I have committed to go to the Biggest Looser Fitness Resort for four weeks this year; the first one in May after my class ends. And, then in September and probably June or July. So, I am pumped. I did imbib too much last night, more than I outlined in my goals. But, this is a journey that will take time and adjustments in life.  I guess that will be one of my biggest challenges in this journey. Figured out that my BMR with light activity is 2400 calories a day. So, I need to have a deficit of 3500 calories over time for each pound I will release. This will be an interesting journey...only 363 days to go. LOL! I need to work on growing more of my own vegetables in my garden. That will be one of my projects for Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know someone who could hook you up with great garden stuff! ;~)