About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Nudge

Today is the day I probably would have gone way off my plan if I wasn’t posting to this blog daily, and getting the support of my friends and followers. I didn’t exercise this morning, and was just going to “take the day off,” but thanks to my friend Cathi’s encouragement, I didn’t. She sent me several email nudges asking if I had exercised today, until I finally said “Okay. I am going now.” And, I went. I just got back from the gym, and I feel way better. It really is true that exercise improves mood. At least it did for me today. I was also eyeballing some gnocchi that are in my freezer. Do you know what those are? Nummy dough-like pasta balls thingys with cheesy sauce. But, I put those back in the freezer. Got out the rice cooker and am now cooking some healthy brown rice. I will have a piece of Cod with that and some asparagus. So, instead of being side tracked, which in the past I had a pattern of doing after about a week of eating healthy, I am on track! Thanks to a little help from a friend!!! Now I know why I decided to start this long Blog journey that I have committed to…because sometimes all it takes is a little nudge.

No comments: