About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Own It

Today has been a really long day...obviously since I am writing so late. First I went for my first big workout of the year and guess what, my trainer and I could not get into the gym. He just started training people at this gym and does not have a key yet and was relying on the owner to be there to let us in. But, nooooooooo...he wasn't there. Boy, did I just want to go home and give up, but I didn't. I went to the Claremont Club and did cardio for 45 minutes on my own, while reading the textbook for the class I have to teach tomorrow. Not at last minute thing or anything. But, I followed through. I owned my journey and didn't give up. This was a theme today. Own it! I went to dinner with some really good friends tonight, and yes I had some wine and some Chinese food. Two of these ladies are two of my Mud Run teammates, Cathi and Sue. My team captain, Cathi, told me exactly what to expect on the Mud Run. It sounded tough, but not that tough. It is doable and I will do it! Then later during dinner we started talking about age. And, those of you that know me know that I don't readily tell my age to anyone, hoping they will think I am younger. I have been told I look younger. LOL! Anyway, the gist of this part of our conversation was "Own it," and on my ride home I realized that I am "Owning it," so to speak with this Blog. "FitbyFifty," I guess that tells it all. But, what I realized is that whatever age we are or no matter where we are in life we need to "own it... be it... and enjoy it.” Don't wish you are thirty when you are twenty, don't wish you are thirty when you are forty, don't wish you are thirty when you are fifty. Hmmm.... sounds like I am wishing something, but no!!! I think I am finally just being who I am. Lesson - Be happy where you are because we all just have they very moment we are living – NOW!!!

No comments: