About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Biggest Looser, Blogs and Dancing

I just finished watching the premiere of the 9th season of The Biggest Looser. Looking at the contestants weigh in for the first time and seeing that I weigh as much as some of the women on the show, the realization that I have a long road ahead of me hit me like a ton of bricks. Consistency is going to be the key for me to be successful in my journey. It’s not going to be easy, but it can be done. I have the support I need to do this and I will be successful in my quest for health and fitness. I have to be successful!!! I am excited to meet with Marc, my trainer, tomorrow to talk about the plan to get to my goal. First on the agenda will definitely be how to make sure I can run through the mud, hurdle walls, crawl over tires and generally make it through the Mud Run in June. Oh no….What have I got myself into!!! Another thought I had today was how will I make this Blog a Blog worth reading. This prompted me to spend several hours searching the Internet for information about Blogs. And, of course there was a myriad of information. So, I bought a book on Blogging, because that is what I do when I want to find out more about a particular subject, hence the multiple stacks of books around my home. Then it was off to my weekly ballroom dancing lesson with my husband, Steve. Tonight we worked on perfecting (hahahahaha) our Rumba and our Foxtrot. It is exercise, right?

No comments: