About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Blister

I guess the title today say it all. Argh! Today was what they call here the stop sign hike up a grade for many miles to a couple of stop signs, but  making it there is a prize. I made it to the first one and all the way back down to the van that brings us to and from the hikes. The last mile or so I was dying because I now am the proud owner of a huge blister on the ball of my foot. Argh! But, I made it the whole 5 1/2 miles. Not so sure about tomorrow though with this darn thing. We shall see. Pray for a miracle and that it is gone in the morning or at least enough better to be able to do the hike. Again today the scenary was gorgeous, no photos though sorry. After that we had open breakfast and another lecture and then open gym where we could do whatever we wanted - I did the treadmill a some weights. Then it was into the pool - who would think that a pool exercise class would be so darn hard. Then lunch and another lecture on what to do at home. Then a class called Ball Works - oh my gosh who knew you could torture someone so much with one of those big inflated balls, I forget what they are called. Anyway, tons of sweat. LOL! Then a class they call treading where you do balls out cardio for five minutes then rest, then four minutes then rest on down until you are doing one minute of hard core cardio and one minute of rest. I thought I was going to die. I had to do the stationary bike - the only good thing about the blister is that I couldn't do the treadmill. LOL! Then back into the pool - which was a relief after the other class. Then dinner and some menu planning strategies - boy is Steve going to experience some new healthy eating. And, now I am in my room writing this blog at 8 p.m. I haven't even commented on how nice and sincere and caring everyone here is. It is interesting how so much of being overweight is emotional - well I guess I already knew that.

No comments: