About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm here!

I arrived at the Biggest Loser Fitness Resort today. But, not without some distress. What is a road trip without at speeding ticket? That's right - a speeding ticket in good old Las Vegas. Total speed trap, whatever! I guess I'm supposed to slow down. LOL. Anyway, as I was driving after I got the speeding ticket, while I was driving the speed limit - how boring - I was filled with apprehension about what this place would be like. I was thinking all sorts of scenarios. All for not - once I arrived I was fine. Everyone is very nice and helpful. We had a dinner of lettuce wraps and a chocolate pie - that's right chocolate pie, but it only had 95 calories. Then we had orientation and they explained that we will be doing 6-7 hours of exercise a day and eating 1200 calories. Each day starts with at 6:30 a.m. hike. Yikees. That will be early tomorrow. I unpacked all my goods and my roommate told me what to expect etc. - she has been here for three weeks already. So, think of me tomorrow while I am hiking away in the beautiful Utah wilderness. Oh yeah... and one guy lost 32 pounds his first week here. WOW! So, I am ready for my first day!!

No comments: