About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mercury in Retrograde?!?!

Well, I am still having a bad time mentally. I ate well today and worked out, but I just don't feel right. Whatever right is. I was doing so well and feeling so strong until last Friday. I am not sure what triggered me into a spiral of lack of confidence, bad eating, not exercising and generally just treating myself crappy. It could be that I didn't get the high fives and hugs that I craved when I told someone how well I've done on my journey since January or maybe it is this Mercury in Retrograde thing. I looked up some information on what happens during this retrograde period. Here is what I learned:

"The key issue here is one of focus. Mercury's retro phase tends to bring unforeseen changes and blockages, but the aggravation and frustration that many of us experience during these periods is often due to our own inability to roll with the punches. Is this due to our ego-fixation?

Mercury sets out to restructure our thinking processes and for many of us this is painful and frustrating. Unresolved issues from the past tend to push themselves forward. Moreover, these experiences reveal flaws in our internal organization as well as our external planning, which can make us feel foolish and inadequate."

Blockage, aggravation, frustration, unresolved issues from the past, flaws in communication, lack of planning and feeling foolish and inadequate - that pretty much sums up how I have felt and behaved since last Friday. Not sure why, but it is weird how these are the emotions I have been feeling for the last week.

When does this darn thing end? I think it ends on May 11th. And, I think my other major binge was on the first day of the Mercury Retrograde - April 17th or 18th. Oh dear! Only a few more days to go! Thank goodness!

No comments: