About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Re-cap of first four months

I have been on this journey for four months now. I had hoped to have release more weight than I have, but I can say today that I have released thirteen pounds. I looking back at my journey I see where I was not true to myself eating wise. When I started using the GoWearFit monitor it became evident that I still needed to make better food choices. I've learned a lot about myself in the the last four months. Here are some of the more interesting - in my opinion anyway - posts or portions of posts from the beginning of my journey:

I must remember my motto “Just do it with Integrity”

"I am what I am because of what I do and I am what I am because of what I don't do."

"Own it!"

Then my trainer, Marc, asked if I knew the saying “nothing worthwhile is easy,” and told me not to give up. Tonight while I was I was telling my husband, Steve, I had a mini melt down this morning and was frustrated with the whole process he told me “nothing worthwhile happens overnight.”

His pattern is to come around really strong with a lot to say on Friday nights. Oh dear you say. It‘s Friday night and the “little drunk monkey” is coming. Now that I have figured out the little guy’s sabotaging timing, I plan to tell him to take a hike tonight and every Friday night from now on, and every time he tells me not to work out, or to eat that piece of cake, or that I can’t do, or that I’m not good enough I am going to tell him to leave me alone.

One of the things the cards revealed when I asked how my weight loss journey would progress was that I should be honest with myself. At the time I though I am honest with myself!! HA! I realize after reviewing my food and exercise journal for the last 26 days that I have not been 100% honest with myself or committed to my weight loss journey. I say I am committed, but my journal shows otherwise. I kept thinking about what she told me that day, and I realize that I need to be honest with myself about exactly what I have been eating and drinking, and how much I have been exercising.

I realized today that 99% of loosing weight for me is mental – I can’t say I don’t know what to eat, or what is good or bad for me because I do.

Our thoughts become our reality or our thoughts become things. I am reading a great book called Infinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley. It is one of the books that the Prosperity Princesses group is reading and discussing now. I realized today that everything that happens in our lives begins with a thought, whether it be a negative thought or a positive thought. Here is what he said about weight loss - "dwell on the body of your dreams, not the "problem" body, and for good measure, remind yourself that while you might want the comfort of food, so do you want the comfort of a slender self. Whichever desire is greater will win." So, from now on I will be envisioning the body of my dreams. Today we did a magnetizing at Prosperity Princesses and I envisioned myself running the Mud Run. I could feel my body moving, I could hear my rhythmic breathing. I could feel my elation when I crossed the finish line!! Woo Hoo!! The others in the group told me they could see me jumping on a trampoline to get into shape for the big event. I think I'm going to buy a trampoline.

“The predominant thought or the mental attitude is the magnet, and the law is that like attracts like, consequently, the mental attitude will invariably attract such conditions as correspond to its nature.” Charles Haanel

“You create your own universe as you go along” Winston Churchill

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“All that we are is a result of what we have thought.” Buddha

“If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the Universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true.” Wallace Wattles

“What the power is I cannot say. All I know is that it exists.” Alexander Graham Bell

“Everyone visualizes whether he knows it or not. Visualizing is the great secret of success.” Genevieve Behrend

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein

“Whatever the mind….can conceive it can achieve.” W. Clement Stone

“What you resist persists.” Carl Jung

“The essence of this law is that you must think abundance; see abundance, feel abundance, believe abundance. Let no thought of limitation enter your mind.”
Robert Collier

“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.”
Henry Ford

“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.”
Joseph Campbell

“The secret is the answer to all that has been, all that is, and all that will ever be.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Ever have the feeling your life, your true work, has not yet begun?
Ever feel like you're here for something more than you've yet identified? And that a billion eyes are upon you, just waiting for the prophecy to unfold?," from Notes from the Universe from www.tut.com.

Melt that fat - Melt that fat right off my body!!!

everyone to ask the billion dollar question, "How can I direct, or program, my normal thinking mind, my wandering imagination, so that it produces thoughts that are aligned with the things I want, be them weight loss, a new Bentley, or improved relationships?" And the answer is to work with and align your beliefs with the things and events you want to experience. People are not overweight so much because of what they eat, but because of what they think. OH DEAR! THAT DOES MAKE SENSE. Their thinking, their beliefs, dictate the foods they eat, the exercise they get, their metabolism, their hopes and optimisms (or lack thereof), and then through the magic of the Universe, their expectations are met in the flesh by way of the accidents, coincidences, and circumstances of their lives. Always, our thoughts rule, and always, it's our beliefs that govern the vast majority of our thoughts.

Today is day 111 – I can’t believe it. I was reviewing my progress earlier today, and boy did I get a little of track for awhile. I realized today that I probably could have spared myself my week of FUNK had I changed my thoughts, which would have changed my emotions and led me to do things differently. What a concept!!!

”The person who lives in the past has no life.” Time to move forward and live today in the moment!!!

She reiterated what I already knew - that sleep is so important to rejuvenate our bodies, mind and soul - and that not getting enough or the right kind of sleep, i.e. consecutive hours, can impede weight loss and increase our bodies output of the dreaded Cortisol, one of the hormones that regulates appetite. Some studies have shown that losing sleep could affect metabolism by making you feel hungry, even if you're not.

Focus, Suzanne…Focus!!!!

To know and do, is not to know! How profound is that? And, how true is that? So, very true!

I have a bike in my garage that I bought a couple years ago - a sort of hybrid beach cruiser/road bike. I think I'm going to get that thing out and put some air in the tires, shine it up and take a couple spins a week.

I am now visualizing my size 8 self in Provence, France in October of this year.

One of the things that was said at my workshop on the weekend that really made an impact on me was "eat intuitively" - which makes sense because our bodies know what they need.

My new motto is going to be obsession - obsession with reaching my goal.

To know and do, is not to know! How profound is that? And, how true is that? So, very true!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. Oh boy! Those are some words to heed. We have to keep our thoughts positive in order to create the life we desire.

I really feel like I accomplished something today – digging in the dirt. I believe what I accomplished was grounding myself and actually living in the moment.

Today I decided I want to be feeling good all the time. So, I am going to do things that make me feel good. I'm going make ME feel good all the time – or as much as possible.

I’m also going to concentrate on doing things that bring me joy and not doing things that don’t that I think I have to do.

That is my goal to be in a constant, or a least pretty close to constant, state of joy and gratitude and also focus.

Don’t let anyone tell you what you can and can not do! Words to ponder for today.

Now on to the next month - a month of success of releasing at least 10 pounds!!!

No comments: