About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Four more days.....

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it. I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning." Mahatma Gandhi
1869-1948, Indian Nationalist Leader

I saw this quote and thought it was appropriate for my journey. I am getting so excited and nervous about going to the Biggest Loser Resort. I found their facebook page – here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1364123321&v=photos&so=0#!/group.php?gid=17748952762

I have been looking at photos of the rooms, the food, the exercise, and the hikes. Oh boy it looks like a lot of work. But, I am up for it. Or I say I am. I have been completely off track since I have been counting down the days until I leave. I wonder if I am sabotaging myself. That is my guess. I am even had pizza for dinner tonight. The good news is once I am at the resort it will be all good, healthy food and lots a fun and productive exercise. And, from the photos I have seen a lot of fun and meeting some nice new people. I can’t wait!! Only four more days until I make the drive to Utah.

No comments: