About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Really cool hike today

Today I went on a really cool hike called the Butterfly hike, as you can see by the photo these rocks look like butterfly wings, hence the name. It was a nice hike and we also went to a cave, the other photo - kinda scary huh? - where hikers shimmy down in and hike out the other side - our hike guide was engaged there. Crazy, huh? Then there was a stretch class, counseling for going home, lunch, another kick butt pool class, circuit training, and disco dance class. So, another full day. Oh and also a class on the importance of calories in vs. calories out in order to loose weight. I calculated my resting metabolic rate - how many calories I burn just laying around all day in order to find out how much I would have to eat and exercise to loose weight. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to loose one pound - I knew this fact before, but never really figured out how much I could eat to loose, etc. But, now I am figuring that out so when I get home I will be very aware of calories in and calories out to release some more pounds.  No more wild sushi or pasta nights for me for awhile unless I am willing to exercise a ton the next day, argh! It is all good I am coming home with a plan and I have learned that I like hiking,  swimming,   and kickboxing. Anyone want to go? Oh yes, and some yoga or stretching too!

No comments: