About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Day Two... oh my!

That is about all I can say. No really I can say a lot more about today. But, to start let me tell you that this was the hardest day of my life -physically that is. First we went on a two hour hike up some knarly hills - I thought I was going to die or at least that my lungs would burst. Not, really, but it was very difficult for me. Then we had breakfast, which was really good, then a lecture about the emotional reasons we eat - that is totally my problem so it was great to learn ways I can start to control that. Then it was of to Mountain, just what is sounds like an hour of climbing - increasing the intensity every two or three minutes. Argh! Then lunch, which were some really good fish tacos and tomato soup. Then a lecture on budgeting calories and exercise in order to release weight. Pretty interesting. Then ciruit training - not like what you would think just doing weights - no it was two minutes of intense cardio then 45 seconds of continuous weight lifting two times. I was doing okay up to this point and then came Step and Pump - oh my gosh- that has to be the hardest class I have ever taken. Then we did Deep Water Suspension. For those of you that know my Florence Chadwick treading water story from when I was a child can only imagine how that one affected me. Yes. It was just that treading water in the deep end. The good news is I made it through all this. Weeewww! Then we had a great dinner of chicken, asparagus and some sort of great mashed potatoes. Nummy! Now a shower and then some sleep to do it all over again. Someone who has been here for five weeks or so said that after awhile it seems like you are in the movie Ground Hog Day. LOL! Anyway so far so good! I'm excited to see my results after a week and to put into practice all the good information I am learning.

No comments: