About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Third Day

Today was another two hour hike, then it was stretching and a lecture on using free weights - thank goodness. Then we had a great lunch and a cooking demonstation - watch out Steve new meals on the way. After that it was cardio intervals in the pool, followed by cardio intervals in the gym - very, very tough. And, the last class was total toning, which kicked my butt. I just finished up a great dinner of enchiladas, yes enchiladas, but made a little different that the ones from your typical mexican restaurant. Very good! Today some of the things I realized were that that darn drunk monkey needs to be dealt with and handled, and that doing something is better than doing nothing exercise wise. Plus, in one of the workouts the trainer said,"There are three kinds of people, the ones that do it, those that talk about doing it and those that think about doing it but do nothing about it. Which one do you wan to be?" Obviously the only one to be is the one that does it. Being here I realize that I have been really good about talking about doing it with this blog etc. But, I am going to stop talking and just do it now. The other thing that is so inspiring and appears to be divine karma, is that I am here during the finally of the biggest loser show, which I am watching right now. Yes. That is it I am just going to actually do what I say. Release this weight by the end of the year!!!

No comments: