About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Three days....

The count down is probably getting boring, yes? But, I am getting more excited each day - hence the count down. LOL! It seems like I have so much to do before I go - being away from home and work for a week is a long time for me, especially to be away from Steve. But, it will be worth it. I am starting to put my things in my suitcase, each hour thinking of something else I should bring. Good socks are crucial I hear – with all the hiking and walking I will be doing – 3-9 miles a day depending on your fitness level. I am thinking I can probably do about 5-7 miles a day without too much problem. But, we shall see. I don't want to get blisters so I bought a ton of blister resisting, or whatever you want to call them, socks! What a thing to talk about! LOL! Anyway tomorrow I will be finishing up my grading for my class before I leave. And, making sure all my real estate transactions can survive a week without me. Oh dear! I'm sure everything will be fine. Then Saturday I will really pack - and try to relax a bit before my big week. I can't wait! I think I'm going to take a little look at the Face Book page for the resort now. Good Night!

No comments: