About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm back! Back on track that is!

Thank goodness some might be saying – she is finally out of the pit. After my week or more of being off track, I feel like I am back on track now. Interesting that the Mercury Retrograde ends tomorrow and I am already feeling much more stable. We had our weigh in tonight and I lost one pound! But I am still up five pounds - that is better than gaining or staying the same, right? I finally went on my Euclid walk tonight. It felt great to do it again - and Cleo loved it! And, according to my handy dandy GoWearFit monitor I burned 500 calories and went about 6000 steps on that walk. That seems like a lot of calories burned, but it IS a killer hill. I'm thinking I need to do that every day and do my workouts too. Sounds like a plan! An extra 500 calories a day would be an extra pound loss a week - that works for me. Only 12 days until I go to the Biggest Loser Resort. I paid my final payment today – so I guess it is official – I’m going to get my butt kicked. There is no backing out of it now. I had a little conversation with the intake person at the resort and told her about my blog and that I would be blogging while I was there. I was making sure there was wireless access on the resort – and yes there is. That will be cool. You will get to here the blow by blow – probably literally – details of my stay. I know you can’t wait!! Anyway, I decided I am going to drive there – a five hour drive. That shouldn’t be too bad – plenty of time for reflection on the drive there. And, hopefully, on the way back time to relish in my accomplishments of the week. Workout at 7 a.m. tomorrow – maybe some boxing!

No comments: