About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Home at last after an awesome week!

I am home now after an amazing week at the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. The results are in - I lost 7 pounds and one percent body fat. I am excited!!!! It was the best week!! I loved the whole week of hiking and working out, taking classes and learning how to eat healthy. I actually am excited to go back in August. The Resort gives you a compilation of photos and video taken during the week set to some awesome pumped up music. I just shared that with Steve and it was really a neat moment.  Now I need to focus on working out at least five times a week and eating a healthy balanced diet - they recommended that your plate be 1/4 protein, 1/4 whole grain complex carbs and the other have vegetables. So, I am going to shoot for that - I made a menu plan for this week and went shopping for food already. My next hurdle is a big, big one - the Mud Run next weekend!! Based on my performance on the hikes the Mud Run will be an extreme challenge for me. But, I AM going to do it. I might be the last one over the finish line, but I will finish!! Tonight some rest in my own bed and some exercise in the morning before the last weigh in of the family Biggest Loser contest. I don’t think I was able to make up enough pounds last week to win, but we shall see.

No comments: