About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Backbone hike today....

Today we went on a hike called Backbone - it should be called back breaker! LOL! It was pretty darn tough - a huge hill to start and then up and and down a winding trail - beautiful view on the hike though. So, that made it nice. I am getting in the swing of it here now - and I am leaving in three days - that is good and bad I guess. I sort of wish I was staying longer so I could loose more weight, but I am also glad that I will be going home. This time I am confident that I will be able to incorporate what I have learned. Tonight there was a lecture on Inuitive Eating - yes eating when your body tells you too. What a concept. LOL!  They mentioned a book that I am going to read on the subject - so more on that later.

One of the contestants from the Biggest Loser - Darius - is here now doing some promotion for the resort. He looks pretty darn good - I remember him from the show. And, they will be filming part of season 12 here while we are here. That should be interesting, but we may not see to much of the contestants as I think they will be filming while we are out in nature enjoying our hikes.

Tomorrow is day four. I am far less tired than I was the last time I was in Utah - not sure why - could be the altitude difference or perhaps the fact I have snuck in a couple of half hour naps here. LOL! It really helps that little bit of a nap - for me anyway.  More tomorrow.

No comments: