About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Working out in a 99 degree gym

Today was officially the hottest day ever in Los Angeles. And, of course we were on a long hike up a big hill this morning  followed by hours of workinig out in the gym and in the pool. The pool was great - the gym not so much. It was 99 degrees in there because the power kept going out. Oh boy was that a workout - circuit training - two minutes of cardio then two minutes of weights for 90 minutes in the hot, hot gym.  But, I figure I must have burned a ton of calories in that heat. It was a great first day - even with the heat. I hear tomorrow will be cooler - I sure hope so.


Here are some pics from the hike and a photo of my new house. Steve doesn't know it yet but we are moving to Malibu! A girl can dream, right? More about my adventure tomorrow.

No comments: