About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Boot Camp...oh boy!

Yesterday boot camp was so hard - it was literally raining and we were running on a trail in the dark since we started at 5:30 a.m. It was eerie in a way - the misty rain and the static from the high voltage power lines made it scary. Well, not really. Gotta make it sound adventurous, right? Seriously though, except for our group and two pregnant ladies the trail was deserted. If they can get up at 5:30 and walk the trail - I guess I can get up and walk/run it too, right? Then today we did circuits in the park – thank goodness it was at 6:30 today. Then I got a burst of energy and cleaned my entire downstairs and most of my office. I threw away bags of papers and I have several bags of old paperwork to be shredded. Guess I have to buy a new shredder - mine died a couple of weeks ago. I am in a total organizing mood – odd for me. One of the things I want to do is clean out my closet and then donate clothes that are too big – yes too big – or are out of style or whatever, and shoes too. I believe I read somewhere if you haven’t worn it in a year, then toss it. I think that sounds like a weekend project.

No comments: