About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bags are backed and I am ready to go...almost

I am almost done packing for my Malibu experience. I am ready this time. I know what to expect. I know what to bring. I know that I will probably have to deal with blisters and I am ready. I know I will need lots of sunscreen and I am ready. I know that I will need lots of electrolytes and I am ready. And, I am going to release at least 7 pounds. Maybe even 9 pounds. I am going to work really, really hard this week. This time I am not having a feast - wine and a big dinner - before leaving, which should show well on some real weight loss next week. It really seems like something has really clicked in my mind on this whole journey. I know you are probably thinking, "Geez it should have by now. You have been at this for nine months now, Suzanne." But,in my defense I have also had my bad habits for at least 11 years, maybe more. So, nine months to get things really rolling in the right direction isn't really that bad, is it? Obviously, I won't be making my goal of a size eight by my birthday in November, but I will have my mental and physical state right by then and be well on my way to reaching my goal in 2011. These last nine months have been some of the most challenging, exciting, fun and difficult at the same time, but I am really glad that I decided to embark on this journey - and the journey isn't over. The best is yet to come! I am excited and ready for a great week at the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu. Of course, I will be posting nightly with commentary and photos. So, more tomorrow from Malibu!

No comments: