About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Breathe in. Breath out.

Part of my assignment for my essay writing class - writing using each one of the senses. Today was hearing.

Sitting at the table in the backyard with my eyes closed during a meditation with my Prosperity Princesses, I can hear the rustle of the falling Wisteria leaves floating across the patio. The pinging sound of the wind chimes musically resonates, but my mind won’t cooperate. While a chirping bird and the soft flowing water in the fountain lull me to a pseudo sleep state, my body begins to relax. “Get back to meditating,” I tell myself. Probably not the best tone for one on a higher spiritual path to use. My thoughts wander to things other than getting in touch with the Universe. I find myself listen to all the sounds in the yard. Another leaf lands on the table with a crackling sound, as a bi-plane flies overhead. I wonder where the plane is going. The buzz of the bees busily mine the nectar from the gardenias, combined with the sigh of my sleeping dog; make the perfect scene for a meditation. Or one would think. One of women in the group must be moving her hands around because I can hear the jingling of her bracelet, while I try to focus on my breathing. In and out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Finally I can hear my breath as I deeply breathe in and let go of negative thoughts and emotions settling into the meditation.

No comments: