About this blog

This is a new decade for all of us and will be a new journey for me as I turn the corner on my forties into the realm of my fifties. Hard to believe. I invite you to follow my health and fitness journey as I reach my goal of wearing a size 10-12 while I am 50 years old. I know this will be a blog filled with joys, accomplishments, and probably even some setbacks, but the over all goal will be to keep going, keep moving, keep releasing weight to be a fit and healthy 50-year-old.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Great Malibu Creek Hike

Today we went on a hike to Malibu Creek - it was really fun, but very challenging for me. We saw several people riding horses - I think we were on a horse trail - evidenced by the giant dolups of goo. LOL! We climbed up a pretty steep hill - it was steep to me anyway and meandered through the trees to the top and then back down and through a open clearing. Malibu is pretty cool! I never knew and I have lived in California my whole life - who knew!!! The rest of the day was good too - I did sneak away for a nap after lunch and missed one of the lectures. I had listened to it in Utah - so I think I am good on that. After the hike was five more hours of exercise classes - thank goodness on of them of was stretch. I never knew I had so many muscles that needed to be stretched. Yoga has got to be on my list when I get home. This time this is really sinking in - I know now what I need to do at home. No more fooling myself with crazy diets, etc. It is basic calories in - calories out. Of course the food needs to be nutritious food, not crap.


 One of the first things I am going to do when I get home is clean of the refrigerator and pantry - yes, Steve I am again. But, this time it is going to stay free of the junk food that seems to creep in after I clean it out. I have no one but myself to blame for that since I do 99.9 percent of the grocery shopping. It has to be cleared of junk so I have no excuses for eating late night snacks.

Tomorrow will be another hike. One day this week the hike is on the beach in Malibu down some - according to others many, many, many - stairs and then on the sand. As you can see here are some  are some photos of the hike today. Very lovely one of me. LOL!


No comments: